7.12.2008

Hallelujah!!


Kate slept through the night!! It only took 3 months, 1 week and two days... but who's counting. Of course, I know that she could wake up every hour tonight but at least we know it is possible for her to get 8 straight hours of sleep. Peyton thought I should feel very rested today as well but I woke up all night long waiting for her to wake up. My mom says I will do that for a long time. She slept from 10:00 to 5:37 and went back to sleep from 6:00 to 8:30. She's gotten great about waking up in her crib and just spending some time looking up at her mobile and talking/singing to herself. Peyton got her up to play but she probably would have stayed happy there for at least another 30 minutes.Since most people know how much I love my sleep these last few months have been hard to say the least. I knew if we hung in there she could do it. Next step- an earlier bed time.
On a similar note, I made it through my first movie last night without falling asleep. It was Rendition. The movie was just okay but it must have held my attention enough because I didn't conk out on the couch like I usually do. Maybe now Peyton will let me put some of my girlie movies back on Netflix. He was getting pretty tired of me insisting on watching something and then falling asleep. Elizabeth: The Golden Age was his final straw and it has been manly movies ever since.


Tonight Nonie and Ben are coming over with Annie! Annie is exactly one month older than Kate so it will be fun to see them together.

No comments: