7.16.2008

Beach Baby

We are so lucky to live very close to the beach. We get to go almost every weekend since Peyton's parents have a condo in Perdido Key. Kate was about 6 weeks old on her first beach trip and she absolutely loved it. We really enjoy the great family time we have while we are there. A few weeks ago we were fortunate enough to get to spend an entire week with my family at Rosemary Beach. Thanks to Bebe and Poppy; Kate, Peyton, me, Will, Jill, Liza, GG (Great Granny) and the Ashwander clan all had two great condos and had so much fun together.The weather was perfect all week. Of course, long gone are the days of grabbing a beach chair and cooler and heading down to the beach for the day. I got so tickled at all the baby gear Jill and I hauled down to the beach each day I had my mom take a picture. Since the men were on the golf course, it was up to us to handle all our gear. Jill and I had very different objectives for our day at the beach. I wanted to make sure Kate would take her nap on the beach (she almost always falls asleep the minute we hit the sand: I even changed her noise maker to ocean waves since she found it so relaxing) and Jill needed to make sure she had enough toys to keep Liza occupied and happy on the beach. Here we are with all our stuff:
I realized after my mom took the picture that I didn't even have the baby. Obviously, I would have to take two trips. Needless to say the trip would not have been nearly as relaxing as it was without all the help from Bebe, Poppy, Will, Jill, GG, Barbara and Brother, Charlie and Ashley, and Bill and Caroline. Peyton and I were really able to relax and enjoy ourselves. After being with Liza and realizing how much energy an 11 month has we better relax now. Our beach trip next summer is going to be VERY different. In fact, Will and Jill were so exhausted they booked a vacation from their vacation. Next time they are going to Mexico: WITHOUT THE BABY! Here are some more pictures from our fun trip. Thanks Bebe and Poppy for making it all possible!























No comments: