7.11.2008

Getting Started


After months of stalking other people's blogs I've decided to start my own. Three months ago, Peyton and I welcomed beautiful Katherine Isabelle (Kate) into the world and since I am terrible at writing things down in a journal or her baby book but do love to snap pictures of her, I thought this would be the best way to keep up with everything. Peyton and I have been married for two great years and were so excited when baby made three on April 2, 2008. Kate came kicking and screaming (literally) into the world at 1:50 weighing 7 lbs., 12 oz. and she was 21 1/2 inches long. The nurses told us she had quite a temper and was very vocal about being out in the world. Being a feisty red head myself, I was thrilled to hear my little girl had some spunk! Speaking of hair: Wow, Kate has a full head of it. We were shocked to see all of that brown hair and I am still trying to figure out what to do with it. Since my own hair has taken over most of my life it is only fitting that my child's would do the same. I will never forget the way that Kate would look at me when the nurses would bring her in at night to nurse. She had the sweetest, most innocent look on her face and her eyes were open so wide. She was so patient with me as I learned how to feed her and just looked up at me as if to say "It's okay Mama, I'm new at this too so we can learn together". She took to it great and has been a good little eater ever since. At three months, we have turned such a corner- that probably explains why I have a chance for the first time since she was born to sit and write some of this down. She sleeps really well- FINALLY and is very content most of the time. She has started really "talking" to us and Daddy loves to have "conversations" with his little monkey. She drools more than any baby I have ever known and I think she is seriously trying to fit both fists into her mouth at one time. She's a precious girl and our lives have been forever changed for the best! I will try to keep this blog up to date with all of her changes and adventures! We love you Kater Tot!!

No comments: