4.05.2011

3

Dear Kate,
You are three.years.old. I know it sounds cliche to talk about how lightening fast the last three years have flown by but it is true. When I told you that I didn't want you to have a birthday because I wanted you to always stay my baby you said, "but mommy I NEED to be three". You are funny little girl. Your vocabulary is amazing and sometimes I feel like I am having a conversation with a teenager. You are dramatic and girly in every sense of the word. This birthday meant lots of dress up clothes and princess things and you couldn't have been happier. If I could stop time I think I just might. Not that I don't want to see what the future has in store for you but because in this moment you tell me often that "we are the best of friends" and all the time say, "Mommy, I love you soo much". You love your brother more than anything in this world and have been so sweet to him. Sometimes, I can't even remember that he hasn't always been here. You never missed a beat when we brought him home and you have been a big help! I love the way he looks at you. You make him smile like no one else can. He is your 'Brudda Boy'! You are sassy for sure and certainly know how to negotiate. I told you this morning you might could be a lawyer and you said "that's a good idea". You test me more than anyone but when you snuggle up next to me on the sofa there is no where else on earth I would rather be. So, Happy Birthday my three year old child. I am so proud to be your mommy. You are certainly one of my two finest accomplishments!

Bubble Birthday pictures to come...

2 comments:

e said...

I was JUST thinking of you and then saw you posted! Such a sweet letter to Kate, you made me cry. Hate we missed the party, my organizational skills need improvement. We have a present for Kate, I'll drop it by this week.

Natalie said...

;) sniff sniff tear tear. i havent read blogs in months but i immediately clicked on yours when i saw it was updated! bennett told me today that he was going to marry his mimi, but when i told him he couldnt he said "well then i will just marry my good friend kate." he is now obsessed with her ill have you know. watch out.
xo