9.19.2008

Identity Crisis


I've had a slight identity crisis this week. No reason to be alarmed, it just occurred to me after hearing about my husband's day at work that all I had to contribute to the conversation was "That's nice, you won't believe the color of Kate's poop". (A strange shade of green in case you are wondering). It was with that statement that I realized being a mom has taken over my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with it for the most part and it isn't like I have bought my first pair of mom jeans or anything, I just needed a little adult activity. It came as a trip to Dillards... Whohoooo!!! Don't worry hubby, I only bought a lipstick (but I did get the free bonus!!). I also had a kids free lunch with one of my dearest college friends and we tried really hard not to talk too much about our little ones. I certainly don't want to give the impression that being a mom isn't the most important thing in the world to me because it is but I used to talk to doctors all day about neurotransmitters and neuropathy among other things so every now and then I just need to have a little time to myself that doesn't involve slobber, spit up or poop. I need to feel intelligent again.

In mommy related news, we are headed back to the beach this week to meet cousin Thomas for the first time. Peyton's cousins live in Dallas and we don't get to see them too often so we are looking forward to it. Hopefully, this fall like weather hasn't turned the pool to ice and Kate will get to swim. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll report back next week.

The above photo, by the way, was taken on my honeymoon. Can't you just tell how calm and relaxed (and sunburned) I was. Life was good. Life is still good... just different!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Beth!
I just stumbled upon your blog! Kate is so precious. I know you are having a ball with her! We have a blog also. It is www.theroneyfamily.blogspot.com. Andrew and I have a 2 1/2 year old boy named Brooks and expecting another child in April. I'll add you to my list of blogs I enjoy so I can continue keeping up with you guys!

Sarah said...

Beth,

So what color was it? Just kidding. When do you start the new job? Wish I was drinking a glass of wine with you. ska

Elizabeth & Robert said...

Beth,

I am dying laughing....I can totally relate! Kate is adorable...and I am so glad that we can keep up with ya'll through your blog. Hope to see you soon...take care!
xoxo, elizabeth